Friday, January 27, 2012

Etta James - Something's gotta hold on me

The voice behind Avicii 's successful chart-topping "Levels" passed away on the 20th January 2011. Just days before that, I was watching American Idols season 11 and that's where I discovered Etta James. Her voice was amazing She was amazing. The music was amazing. I was an immediate fan.


Something's gotta hold on me - Etta James, 1962.


Levels - Avicii, 2011

Etta James albums records soar after her death. 30,000 copies of her albums were sold in the week following her death, compared to just over 6,000 copies the previous week.

Avicii sampled Etta James' "Something gotta hold on me" in 2011 which reached top ten in UK, Austria, Germany.. just to name a few.

I felt terrible to have known such a soulful singer only at her deathbed. Etta James was already battling with sickness since 2008. Sometimes, I wish I was born in an earlier era. Music these days are shit. But Id still like to marry Tim Bergling someday.

No comments: