Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mid life crisis

A sign is all I need. I need a sign from the universe.

Turning 24 was no fun.

I've been stuck in a battle where unless someone sweeps me off my feet, there is no way I can get out of the battle field. That prince charming has to look like the one Cinderella met at the ball. And fairy tales do no exist.

All these while, it's a miracle I was hoping for, wishing for. That miracle happened. He's no prince charming and unlike the storybook, we are not going to live happily ever after.

Someone has finally swept me off my feet. It's not easy to do so but he did. He makes me gush like a 14 year old with his words; that missing ingredient in the broth koh and I were cooking.

That broth is now ruin. There is no way I alone can salvage it and there is no way I would want to salvage it alone. When it's broken and you have fixed it a million times, throw it away. The more you keep it, the harder it is to let go.

I wrote this "when you realise things arent working, throw away. the longer you keep it, the more attached you will be. this also applies to relationships." on facebook on the 29th of January. It took me 8 months to to practice what I preach and because I was that attached.

Now that I know I do have market value if I just take the stupid leap of faith, there is no need for me to harp over spilt milk or the what ifs. With that, I no longer need anyone to sweep or mop me. I am on my own and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

No comments: